Wednesday, March 25, 2009

D'Posh Spotlight: Yuwa is 25 & Fabulous!

















Every now and again, i get to do something fun and totally personal for some of my closest friends. So when my dear friend Yuwa was turning the big 25, i knew i wanted to do something special for her. About 2 months leading up to her turning a quarter of a century old (that sounds soo old hehehehe), i had asked her what she wanted to do to celebrate and her answer was ...NOTHING!. Well "Nothing" is never an answer i like to hear...esp when it comes to throwing PARTIES!!, so the wheels went to work in my head and i knew i had to surprise her with something big. Yuwa and I have been friends since high school (15yrs and counting) and she is an absolute Fashionista!. With the help of some of her close friends, i went ahead to plan an intimate and fun surprise cocktail party for the ultimate Fashionista herself. I knew that since i pretty much had full control of this party, i did not want it to be your typical Nigerian house party (not that there is anything wrong with that of cos). I didn't have to look too far for inspiration because my personal assistant came to the rescue when she offered the use of her Dad's art gallery.
Iroko Gallery is located in the heart of Downtown Baltimore and i just totally adore its very artsy feel.. Red roses, red lighting, bottles of vintage wine, passed hor'dourves and a white chocolate fountain with all the fixings set the tone for the evening's festivities. Yuwa was completely taken by surprise when she got to the venue but i on the other hand was just glad that she actually GOT TO THE VENUE lolll. Everyone had a fantastic night and i cant wait to throw another surprise party for the next friend....mmmmm i wonder who that lucky person might be :-)

3 comments:

Lady A said...

Love it! Classy...how I like it!

D'Posh Events said...

Thanks!

Sorrela said...

I was very surprised!!! I'm yet to attend a party as fab as mine!!!
Toddles