Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Party Planner


I have been in love with throwing parties for as long as i can remember. Seeing people laugh and have a good time just does it for me, i can't seem to explain the feeling.... but its unbelievable!. Now that i look back on everything, i can't say i remember where it all started, although i figure its always been a part of me. As a kid growing up in Lagos, Nigeria, i remember going to a particular wedding with my aunt and wondering why everything seemed disorganized and soo out of place. The one thing that stood out for me as a kid back then, was how awful the cake looked!. I just couldn't understand why the bride and groom couldn't have put in the extra effort into making their day FABULOUS!. I have been to countless parties since then and i have to say i am most certainly not your average party goer. While everyone else seems to be just satisfied with being invited, i am constantly obsessing over the details of any event; "Why would they use that shade of pink with that shade of brown?" "Why are the linens barely touching the floor?". The questions never seem to stop with me. I have been told that the one thing that sets me apart from everyone else, is my attention to detail!. I am constantly being forced to think outside the box. So when clients come to me, they know they won't be getting the cookie cutter wedding or party, it has to be DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE TO EACH CLIENT.
I have been fortunate enough to work with some of the most amazing clients, most of whom have now become close friends of mine. The greatest feeling in the world is knowing you are making someone's special day.... PERFECT, it makes all the stress and sleepless nights soo worth it.
For the next week or so, i am going to be featuring some of my past events. All of which hold a special place in my heart.

No comments: